Covid-19 Response & Precautions
The health, safety, & wellness of our staff, students and students’ families has always been a top priority of Alton Street Dance. Now, more so than ever we are taking extra measures to keep a clean and safe environment for everyone who comes through the studio doors.
- Please do not send your child to class if they, or someone in the family, or a close contact has shown symptoms of Covid – 19.
- If a child has a temperature of 100* or above, please do not send them to class. All students and staff are subject to touchless temperature checks at any given time.
- All students must wear a face covering when entering and exiting the building. Students face coverings may be removed when in class and exerting themselves. Face coverings must be worn to use the restroom. Please note that students wearing face covers at all times is strongly encouraged.
- Instructors and staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times.
- The lobby (front and back) are clearly marked for students to wait until it’s their time to enter the dance room.
- Every person entering the dance room needs to sanitize their hands upon entering.
- Every person exiting the studio should sanitize their hands prior to exiting the studio.
- The dance room floor is clearly marked to ensure that each individual student has a 6’ space to dance in.
- Students are asked to only bring the essentials to class: water bottle, dance bag with dance shoes in it, outside shoes and a jacket when necessary.
- Food and drinks will not be allowed in the studio. Water is welcome.
- The use of Restrooms are being reserved for students and staff only at this time.
- Commonly touched surfaces will be sanitized before, during and after all classes.
- The entire studio will be fully sanitized at the finish of each day.
- Medical grade air purifiers will be on throughout the entire day.
- Class sizes have been limited.
As much as it saddens us, for the time being, the lobby is closed. Parents/guardians with students in the preschool class, kindergarten combo, Acro 1 and the 1st-3rd grade combo are asked to drop off their child at the start of class then proceed to wait outside while class is running. Five minutes before the class is over parents/guardians are asked to return back into the studio and wait for their child. Once the dancer is with their parents/guardian we asked that everyone promptly leaves the studio. Please do not change into “street clothes” after class is over. Only ONE parent/guardian per family is allowed in the building.
Students in the 4th & 5th combo, Teen Classes, and Team classes are asked to be dropped off and picked up at the front door of the studio. A staff member will be supervising drop off/pickup.
A studio staff member will always be attending the lobby if a parent/guardian would like to make an in-person payment or would like to speak with a staff member.
Please note that these precautions can change/improve/be lifted as regulations change.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.